We find the concept of trust over and over in God’s Word: we follow the stories of people who chose trust, others who did not, and the outcome in both cases. We know in our heads that we are encouraged to trust God in all circumstances. But what really takes place when I commit myself to full dependence on the Lord?…when my heart and my will give in to what my head knows? Here are some examples of what really goes on in my life when I choose to trust God. When I choose to trust Him….
- I make the right choice. “It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.” (Psalm 118:8,9). There is no better choice!
- I will be safe. “…but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.” (Proverbs 29:25). There is no safer place!
- He shields me. “Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.” (Proverbs 30:5) There is no greater protection!
- I will rise and stand upright. “Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. They have bowed down and fallen; but we have risen and stand upright.” (Psalm 20:7,8) There is nothing and no one that is more trustworthy than the Lord our God!
- He will deliver me. “Our fathers trusted in You; they trusted, and You delivered them.” (Psalm 22:4)There is no greater deliverance!
- He prepares something very good for me. “Oh, how great is Your goodness,…which You have prepared for those who trust in You…” (Psalm 31:19) There is no greater goodness!
- He will keep me in perfect peace. “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.” (Isaiah 26:3) There is no greater peace!
- I will be happy. “Whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he.” (Proverbs 16:20) There is no greater happiness!
- Mercy will surround me. “…he who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him.” (Psalm 32:10) There is nothing better to be surrounded with!
- I am blessed! “Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him!” There is no greater blessing!
We know in our head that trusting God is the best choice in every circumstance. Now let’s do it. We just might be surprised at what He does in response!