“Your eyes have seen all that the Lord your God has done…so will the Lord do…” Deuteronomy 3:21
By looking back, we can be certain that our God (who NEVER changes!) will work in the same way in the future. Moses experienced that, and we can, too! When I have questions, doubts, concerns, I simply look at what God has done for me in the past. The monologue goes something like this:
“Will God take care of me in the future?”
* I’ve seen God lavish His goodness on me too often in the past…why would I ever doubt His care for me in the future?
“Will God ever let me down?”
* I’ve experienced God’s faithfulness too many times up till now, to think He would ever fail me!
“Will God maybe give up on me?”
* I’ve witnessed God’s work in my own life throughout the years in such a way that I cannot believe that He won’t finish the good work He started in me.
“Does God really hear my prayers? Will He answer me?”
* I’ve received too many answers to even wonder if he hears and answers me!
“Will God lead me when I don’t know what to do?”
* I’ve been led by Him to many times to think He would expect me to forge my own path!
“Will God carry me through this valley?”
* I’ve been carried in His everlasting arms too often to think He’ll not uphold me now!
“Will God comfort my heavy heart?”
* I’ve rejoiced in the comfort of God’s Word too many times to sulk in any situation.
“Will God always provide for my needs?”
* I’ve marveled at God’s provision on so many occasions that I can’t even imagine Him expecting me to try to cover my own needs.
“Will God fulfill His promises?”
* I’ve seen so many of God’s promises become reality, that I cannot doubt even one of them!
Praise God! He does NOT change, and that is why we can have reassurance for the future.