Attaining anything valuable requires planning, effort hard work and some level of sacrifice. In Proverbs 2, Solomon points out the path to knowing God, and we must be intentional. His advice?
* receive God’s words of wisdom
* treasure His commands
* incline our ear to wisdom
* apply our heart to understanding
* cry out for discernment
* lift up our voices for understanding
* search for wisdom as silver, and as a hidden treasure.
Solomon penned the result of this intentional attitude: “Then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.” (verse 5) What effort are you willing to put into knowing God better and receiving His wisdom?
Prayer: Lord, Help us to be intentional about knowing You. The effort is absolutely worth it! Amen!