On Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day we honor very special people and express our gratitude for their love and sacrifice. They all have a special day…but shouldn’t we ALWAYS be thankful for them?
We just celebrated Thanksgiving Day. Is one day enough to thank God for all He does for us and for all he gives us? Of course not! We all know that God deserves our thanks more than one day a year!
In Ephesians 5:20, the Apostle Paul wrote: “…giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ…” Reading that, and taking note of the word ALWAYS, I made a long “ALWAYS GIVE THANKS” list and would like to share some things with you. To give thanks always means…
- When I feel thankful and when I don’t
- When I understand ‘why’ and when I don’t
- When God answers my prayers my way and when He answers them His way
- When it seems as though God doesn’t even hear me
- When I don’t see an end in sight
- When I feel energized and when I’m tired
- When I look at the past and when I look at the future
You get the idea. So as you dig for another recipe for leftover turkey, take a minute to make your own “ALWAYS GIVE THANKS” list. Let’s all expand our thanksgiving beyond the holiday and cultivate a thankful attitude every day, because our God ALWAYS deserves thanks!
Join me each Monday in 2016 to share more of what I’m finding on my quest to know God better.